I was very uninspired by the internet this week. Well, minus finding out that George Clooney’s wife is having twins. George > Beyonce. End of story.
But I was inspired by an excess of lemons and some leftover buttermilk in the fridge. And with that inspiration, I baked a cake. If there was ever a cake that deserves to be eaten at breakfast, this is it. It’s light and bright and slightly sweet.
Does anyone else get a little anxiety when you pull a bundt cake out of the oven? I mean, I pray to the bundt gods that it comes out beautifully while holding my breath and turning the pan.
And I always do a little bundt dance when it comes out perfect.
This weekend is rather low-key for us. No real plans except a precious birthday party for our favorite one year old boy on Saturday afternoon. But the weather is going to be GORGEOUS so I see a couple of long walks in my future and perhaps an adult beverage on the back deck. I hope you have the best weekend ever – make it a little sweeter and bake a cake!
1. Happppppppppppppppppppy 22nd Birthday, Baby Boy. I pray to God you haven’t started on the Jager yet.
2. Baby Boy is usually referred to as “Meat Stick” here on the blog. But he’s also known as “baby boy” or “rose bud.”
3. To celebrate Rose Bud’s birthday, I had waffles. Without him.
4. I need to stock up on more waffles and more almond butter. Stat.
5. Yesterday was rather lemon-y. I tried a new-to-me hummus flavor: LEMON! I was kind of shocked at how “luscious” it was. It will be a part of my lunch again…today.
6. Another luscious lemon product that was part of my food intake yesterday is Lemon Chobani. Let’s refer to it as Lemon Chobs. The lemon kind of took away from the tanginess of the yogurt – but in a pleasant way.
7. I liked the lemon hummus better than the lemon Chobs. But I’d buy both again. As in, the next time I’m at the store.
8. It better not rain this Saturday.
9. Skinny Piña Colada: 2 ounces coconut rum, 2 ounces pineapple juice, 5 ounces coconut water. Mix. Drink. Be taken away to the tropics.
10. And Big Guy, when I ask for coconut water, do not bring home 2 coconuts.
11. I can’t make this stuff up.