As I get older, I find myself spending more money on beauty products in an effort to “turn back time” and find the “fountain of youth.” (I blame my Momma for my current Clarins obsession.) However, despite all the more expensive brands there are still a few beauty products that I use on a day-to-day basis that can be found at your local Walmart, Target or CVS. When I saw Kristen post about her five favorites, I was inspired to share my five drugstore beauty products.
- The gold star beauty product that I purchase at at drugstore would be my mascara. I use a lot of higher quality makeup but I have yet to need a reason to pay more than what I do for my beloved CoverGirl LashBlast mascara. I typically purchase “black” and I never, ever buy waterproof mascara. For years I have been asked what mascara I wear and people are always shocked for my under $7 answer.
2. About a year ago I started trying out various brands of toner to use after washing my face. I spent way too much money trying different toners and micellar water and in the end, I realized I only needed to make a quick trip to Target for Garner SkinActive All-in-1 Micellar Water (another under $7 product). This product removes any and everything that is left on my face after washing using my cleanser but it’s not drying. I seriously use this at least twice a day and it leaves my skin so fresh and hydrated.
3. Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment is my equivalent to Windex in “My Big Fat Greek Wedding.” It fixes everything. I use it on my lips. I use it on my hands. I use it on my feet. I’ve even used it on my nose. I use it on any skin that is dry or irritated. It’s safe enough for babies and at less than $7 it’s a steal to be such a miracle worker.
4. I first used Neutrogena Rainbath Refreshing Shower and Bath Gel after I forgot my body wash on a trip to the beach and this is what I borrowed from my Momma. The scent is what first got me hooked. I have no idea how to describe the scent – spices, herbs, fruits – but I love it. It doesn’t dry out my skin and I love that I can buy a HUGE pump bottle at Sams Club. The regular size is under $10 (for 16 ounces) at Walmart but I like to spend a little more ($20) and get a whole lot more (40 ounces). The bottle will last you forever.
5. And finally, my favorite chapstick. I’ve tried them all and I’ve found Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm in Vanilla Bean to be perfect alone or underneath lipstick or lipgloss. And at less than $3, I am not completely devastated if I happen to loose a tube. Plus it smells amazing.
Do you have any must-have beauty products that come from the drugstore?