Let’s do this.
I was flipping through the April issue of Cooking Light on Sunday night while menu planning and I realized I had all of the ingredients for the Chicken, Rice and Parmesan Skillet. It instantly was put on the menu for the week. My skillet dinner has a less chicken than the recipe called for but was still delicious and filling. Instead of red bell peppers, I used yellow bell peppers. I also lied. I used six ingredients. Instead of water, I amped up the flavor with chicken broth that I had in the fridge. Not necessary but it does add more flavor to the rice. The best part is the salty Parmesan shavings on top. I used a black pepper Parmesan from Trader Joe’s and it added a punch of flavor.
If you don’t have broccoli, try adding another veggie. This recipe is so versatile. So play around with the ingredients and make it your own. You could always use chicken breasts but I really think chicken thighs are the supreme part of the chicken – so.much.flavor. And to be honest, the difference in the fat is very minimal.
Other recipes I have my eye on in the April issue:
- Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs (this may have to be an addition to the Easter spread)
- Wasabi Ginger Deviled Eggs (Big Guy might even like these)
- Citrusy Banana-Oat Smoothie (A perfect start to the day)
- Pork Tenderloin and Cannellini Beans (great weeknight dinner)
- Champagne Risotto with Peppers and Asparagus (let’s be honest, anything involving champagne entices me)
Looks like I better get busy in the kitchen!