We’re having a heat wave!
Okay, a heat wave is an exaggeration but after weeks of freezing temperatures and the threat of snow and ice every time I turned on the news this 70 degree weather feels like a heat wave.
And I’m loving it.
I served thisRefreshing Cucumber Saladalong with the Asian wings but I honestly see this salad making many more appearances at lunch time.
The recipe couldn’t be easier. Here are the changes I made to the recipe:
- Instead of two cucumbers, I used two. The recipe claimed that leftovers didn’t do too well so I didn’t want to have a ton of salad. Looking back, I think the salad might last another day in the fridge.
- I used less mint and more dill.
- Instead of full-fat coconut milk, I used “light.”
- In the dressing, I did not add mint.
- I did not add agave or any other sweetener.
- I also did not use the arrowroot powder.
The salad is so refreshing and actually paired really well with the spicy wings.
The only problem with this salad, now I have a ton of leftover light coconut milk.
What’s your favorite way to use canned coconut milk?