This past weekend was perfect. A much-needed beach weekend with Big Guy. We hit the road Friday after lunch and enjoyed Ocean Isle Beach to the fullest.
1. Enjoy a glass of wine on the sand at the beach. 2. Have a pool day with the girls. (Cocktails included.)
3. Master “curling” my hair.
4. Visit a food truck.
5. Eat watermelon like a kid (wedges! with juice running down my arm!).
6. Host a cookout.
7. Laugh until my stomach hurts. 8. Movie night at home, popcorn required.
9. Ride bikes at the beach.
10. Listen to music at an outdoor event.
The Perfect Mojito
3 mint leaves
juice from 1/2 a lime
1 ounce mint infused simple syrup
2 ounces white rum
Muddle the mint leaves and lime juice at the bottom of a glass. Fill glass with ice. Add simple syrup, white rum and soda water. Stir. Sip.
Mint Infused Simply Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
20 mint leaves
Bring all ingredients to a boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Remove leaves. Chill until it’s mojito time.