Here we are – smack dab in the middle of wedding planning. We’ve been engaged for a little over 8 months and on Monday we officially had 8 more months to go.
So how do I feel about a long engagement at this point in the “game”? To be honest, the last 8 months have flown by. But at the same time, I will admit that I got frustrated at the beginning because I felt like I couldn’t really do much since it was “so far away.” Things are rolling now! And I honestly think that when we’re 2 months away from the big day I’ll appreciate the long engagement. All the BIG stuff will be done and I’ll get to focus on the fun of it all. Plus, I know a lot of brides that have stressed over things last minute that have long been decided for me.
Let’s take a look at The Knot’s checklist and see what we have on our “to do” list for the 6-8 month mark…
- Plan out the ceremony with our officiant. The Pastor that will marrying us had a few health issues – but I’m sure we’ll be meeting with him soon. Both Big Guy and I want a very traditional ceremony – saying the same vows that my parents said when he married them.
- Start your registry. I’ll have a whole Wedding Wednesday on this topic, I’m sure. But it is something we’ve thought of…we’re thinking Bed, Bath and Beyond; Belk (because that’s what all Southern brides do) and Crate and Barrel.
- Have engagement photos. I will be able to check that off the list on September 27, 2011.
- Make sure out-of-town bridesmaids have ordered their dresses. I have complete faith that my bridesmaids are on top of this – I just asked that they be ordered in October to make sure they arrive and they are able to make alterations, if needed.
- Finalize the ceremony music contract. This is one we’re really working on – well, finalizing the musicians, that is. We’re between two companies – but Momma Bell is in charge of this. We’re looking to have a quartet of strings.
- Work on invitation wording and figure out the design you want. We’re both fans of classic invitations. And to be honest, it’s something I don’t want to break the bank on. We’ve found a couple that we really like.
- Research wedding insurance. Uhhh, I’m clueless on this one. Is this necessary?!?!?!
- Order your wedding invitations. Let’s get the Save the Dates ordered first. Like I said, we know what we like.
There you have it. Where we are after 8 months and with 8 months to go.