Last year, this time I was spending a week in paradise with Big Guy. This year I find myself day dreaming about a week in paradise this time, next year. Clearly I have honeymoon fever.
I say “paradise” because we ahve yet to decide where we’re going. Trust me, we’ve thought about it. Perhaps too much.
In fact, I have an entire folder in my email dedicated to “honeymoon.” True story.
Here are some of the things we’re taking into consideration while honeymoon “shopping”…
- We’re leaning towards all-inclusive. I planned every.single.dinner before we went to St. Thomas. Don’t get me wrong, that was fabulous, but I’d like to just go where I’m supposed to go.
- I want to be pampered. We don’t want a resort that has 9,000 other honeymooners. I want to be treated like I’m “somebody.”
- We want access to a spa. I think a massage is only natural after your wedding.
- I want to wear a bathing suit. As much as I’d love to go to Greece one day, a tropical vacation is more our speed for the honeymoon. Greece takes lots of planning…and traveling. I want to spend the week in a bathing suit with a drink in my hand.
- Speaking of drinks, umbrellas in my drinks are optional. But totally acceptable.
- Big Guy would really like an over-water villa. This isn’t a “must have” for me.
- We want to be somewhere that we can go deep sea fishing. I know Big Guy would love this and since he’ll be my hubs, we want to make the hubs happy.
- One thing we’re unsure of…do we want to feel like we’re alone on an island or do we want to be social animals while we’re vacationing…I wish I could get the best of both worlds!
So here’s what we’re going to do…one Saturday (whenever we have a free one), we’re going to make fruity drinks, with umbrellas, put on hula skirts and pull out the computer and research. And hopefully, after enough drinks, we’ll make a decision.